A Smooth Beginning:
20 Suggestions To Help Your Family Feel Settled
in a New Country, Second Edition
by Anne P. Copeland, Ph.D.
A 28-page workbook and guide to the emotional and social aspects of
moving to a new country. Revised March 2006.
$8.95 each for quantities up to 9; multiple quantity discounts available.
Some of the suggestions you will find in the book:
- keeping your family safe and healthy during the transition
- handling emergencies
- staying focused on your goals for living overseas
- understanding the stresses of an international move
- planning ways to stay connected to home and to your new community
- making a new house feel like a new home
- meeting locals
- helping children make friends
- learning the host language
- discovering resources for help in your new community
- understanding and managing culture shock